Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Yogurt/smoothies - Peach and strawberry.

For those avoiding ALL casein (not just cow's milk) - I suppose you could alter this and use some other type (coconut, almond, etc.) of "milk".

I bought a 32 oz container of plain goat's milk yogurt and divided it in two to make two different flavors. Even though it's yogurt - in the end (after adding the fruit) it's more like a smoothie.

Peach:
16 oz yogurt (or almond milk, etc.)
2 peaches (I skinned mine)
2 tbsp. coconut sugar
additional sugar (I used 1 tsp. beet sugar)

Strawberry:
16 oz yogurt (or almond milk, etc.)
8 oz strawberries (organic if possible - these are often high in pesticides)
2 tbsp. coconut sugar
additional sugar (I used 1 tsp. beet sugar)

Directions: Blend all together in a blender.

I poured some into bowls for my kids to enjoy fresh. I put some into home-made popsicle makers for some frozen treats later. The rest I put into containers in the fridge. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment